Notification of Operation Safety for External Organizations and Personnel
In order to guarantee the operation safety of external organizations, external personnel (hereinafter referred to as “interested party”) for cargo gathering, evacuation from port, cargo loading to and unloading from ships, project contracting construction (maintenance, inspection, etc.) within the scope of Tianjin International Cruise Home Port Co., Ltd., Tianjin International Cruise Home Port Co., Ltd. hereby informs the above interested party about the safety instructions related to operation as follows:
1. The interested party shall adhere to the policy of “safe development, safety first, prevention first, comprehensive treatment” to strictly follow the provisions of relevant national safety production laws and regulations and enhance the management of safety production so as to guarantee safety in production.
2. As per the provisions of the Law on Safety in Production as well as relevant laws and regulations, the interested party shall have the safety production conditions specified in laws, regulations, national standards and industrial standards, formulate and implement safety production responsibility systems, establish safety production management institutions and contents as per relevant requirements, formulate safety production systems as per respective actual conditions and formulate safe operation rules corresponding to operation (work) as per respective actual production conditions.
3. The main leaders and safety production managerial staff of the interested party shall have the safety production knowledge and management capability corresponding to their production and operation activities.
4. The interested party shall enhance the supervision and inspections on the safety production conditions of working sites. Prompt corrections and investigations shall be made in case any operation against rules or potential accident is found so as to maintain normal production conditions.
5. For projects such as implementing contracting construction (maintenance, inspection, etc.), the interested party shall designate leaders for such contracting construction (maintenance, inspection, etc.) to be responsible for the management of their own personnel, identification of sources of dangers and precautionary measures.
6. The employees of the interested party shall receive safety education and trainings to guarantee that they have necessary safety production knowledge, understand relevant safety production rules and regulations and safe operation rules, master the safe operation skills for relevant positions. The employees of the interested party who fail to pass the examinations for the above safety education and trainings are not allowed to work.
7. The employees who engage in special operations of the interested party shall receive professional safe operation trainings as per relevant national provisions, and they are allowed to engage in relevant work after getting the qualifications for special operations.
8. The interested party shall equip labor protection articles for personnel as per national and industrial standards, instruct them to correctly wear and use such articles. The personnel of the interested party shall wear safety helmets, light-reflecting vests as well as labor protection articles within the scope of the port.
9. For projects such as implementing contracting construction (maintenance, inspection, etc.) within the scope of the port, the interested party shall sign safety agreements with the competent department of the port to explicitly specify the contracting construction (maintenance, inspection, etc.) periods, areas, instructions and safety, quality environment management responsibilities of both parties and so on.
10. For projects such as implementing contracting construction (maintenance, inspection, etc.), the interested party shall prepare the tools, vehicles, cranes and other mechanical equipment and facilities by themselves. They shall guarantee that such tools, vehicles, cranes and other mechanical equipment and facilities conform to the requirements specified in national and relevant laws and regulations. It is prohibited to perform any operation exceeding the specific loads of wharfs; in addition, inspections shall be made during operations, and such tools, vehicles, cranes and other mechanical equipment and facilities shall be used after confirming that there is no error.
11. For projects such as implementing contracting construction (maintenance, inspection, etc.), the personnel of the interested party shall obey the inspections on safety and quality made by the managerial staff of the port.
12. It is prohibited for the personnel of the interested party to carry kindling material within the scope of the port. Smoking is prohibited inside the port. In case any work with naked flame is necessary, the work shall be performed after the relevant application is approved; in addition, relevant fire control shall be available.
13. The port may have hazards (sources of dangers) when performing its own loading and unloading operations (see the attachment on the back of the notification). The port informs the interested party via the notification. The interested party shall inform such sources of dangers and precautionary measures to their own employees. It is prohibited for the employees of one party to operate at the positions of the other party.
14. The personnel of the interested party shall not affect the operation of the employees of the port, affect the passage of the roads within the scope of the port.
15. The interested party shall pay work-related injury insurance for its personnel as per laws.
16. The personnel of the interested party shall not enter any area that is irrelevant to operation, sleep beside roads, vehicles, at stock top, stock shelves or within warehouses; they shall pay attention to safety when resting. In addition, the above personnel shall not enter the area within the turning radius of the suspension arm of any hoisting machinery.
17. The personnel of the interested party shall keep sanitation when dining. It is prohibited to randomly leave residual foods, meal boxes, chopsticks, fruit peels, plastic bags and other things anywhere. Such things shall be placed at concentrated dumps. It is not allowed to randomly splash or pour drinking water or water for washing.
18. The vehicles of the interested party for gathering and evacuation purpose shall not overload or overspeed within the scope of the port. The speed limit for the main roads of the port is 5km/hour. The speed limit for storage yard bypass, passageway gate, facilities and intersections is 5km/hour. The safety devices of such vehicles must be complete and valid; in addition, necessary documents shall be available.
19. The vehicles of the interested party for gathering and evacuation purpose shall drive one by one successively at the right side of each road within the scope of the port without blocking any road, storage entrance, fire fighting access or affecting the passage or operation of any port machinery.
20. The vehicles of the interested party for gathering and evacuation purpose shall follow the commanding of on-site managerial staff of the port within the scope of the port to receive inspections. Such vehicles shall abide by the principle of “port machineries have priority” by avoiding port machineries. In addition, such vehicles shall not enter any operation area for the machineries of the port.
21. In case any business purpose vehicle of the interested party needs to enter the port area, it is not allowed to park the vehicle without authorization and it shall be parked at a designated area.
Attachment: Sources of dangers for loading and unloading operations (on the back)
Interested Party: Tianjin International Cruise Home Port Co., Ltd.
Sources of dangers for loading and unloading operations:
Failures to going up and down from machineries and vehicles; improper operations made by loading/unloading machinery operators, vehicle drivers; improper positions or unclear gestures of commanders; crowded vehicles, narrow roads; fatigue driving, driving after drinking; humping cargoes with brake inertia during forklift operation; scattering of cargoes from vehicles; failures to wear labor protection articles or protective clothing during mooring and unmooring; improper positions during mooring and unmooring; receiving and casting mooring ropes with hands; failures to work in concert with ship personnel when casting mooring rope heads to ships; random mooring ropes, riggings and other irrelevant things at working sites; failures to get relevant qualifications before working; operation errors made by operators; operation against rules or operation errors made by maintenance personnel during maintenance processes; fatigue, absent-minded conditions, driving after drinking or operation against rules made by drivers; uncertainty of whether it is power failure during circuit operation; inappropriate use of tools that injures operators; failures to set up warnings during elevator maintenance; failures to shut off power supply before maintenance; failures to wear labor protection articles; smoking inside the port area; failures to correctly place signal marks as per relevant requirements when driving inside the port area; operating cargo winches and all kinds of loading and unloading machineries without relevant qualifications or operating loading and unloading machineries with wrong qualifications; working after drinking or fatigue; failures to go up and down from ship ladders due to fatigue or absent-minded conditions; injury of any person due to non-standard cargo storage, rolling or collapse of cargoes; injury of any person due to falling of cargo after reinforcement is removed; falling of cargo from any high place; no standing position due to narrow space when working inside cabins; difficulties in controlling heavy, wide and large-scale equipment and container operation; incomplete, invalid safety devices of vehicles (steering, lighting, braking, rearview, reversing signals, etc.); speeding, hasty steering without deceleration; uneven roads or wharf pavement; crowded vehicles on narrow and unsmoothed roads; affected lines of sight because forklifts are carrying large-sized cargoes; standing above or below a forklift; machinery rollover when climbing an uphill slope or a steep slope within a wharf or cabin; injury of any person made by a crane due to affected line of sight made by any container; elevator failures; improper operations of elevators; electric leakage of electric equipment; damage, invalidity, malfunction or electric leakage of any electric appliance in a warehouse; failures to work in concert with each other during operation; sharp angles and edges on tool surfaces; irregular protective connecting neutral and protective grounding; electrification on the shell of any electric appliance, electric leakage due to broken sheath of cable; failures to have rain-proof functions for open-air electric equipment; failures to wear labor protection articles; utilization of substitution tools; fire fighting access is occupied for other purpose or it is not conforming to construction specifications; falling objects from high places; damages of safety scanners; failures of boarding bridges; drivers of rolling devices fail to drive, park as per the instructions of commanders, or the distance is insufficient or the speed is too fast.